Sunday, October 24, 2010

Character Kickoff- One for the record books!

Last Thursday marked our annual "Character Kickoff" celebration emphasizing unity, collaboration and problem solving between students and staff. With gray morning clouds giving way to a beautiful afternoon of sunshine, LIS students put on one of the greatest displays of character I have seen in my four plus years at our school.


I had the chance to observe and speak to our students that day, and it was an absolute pleasure to see how supportive and caring they were all day long. You could feel the presence of a true sense of family and community that every principal would love to see at his or her school. The best thing is that we have this type of environment at our school every day. It continues to become more and more ingrained in staff and students with each year that passes.




Geno Auriemma is the women's basketball coach at the University of Connecticut, and I remember something he said to a reporter who was complimenting him on his leadership of the program. He said "It's easy to be a great coach when you have great players on your team." I am not saying I am anything or anywhere near a great coach, but I am certainly fortunate to have great players- staff and students- on my team. Hats off to all for a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment